Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Big Decisions

So David and I have decided that it's time to buy a house. Neither one of us has ever been a homeowner before, so it seems like a huge decisions ahead of us. We started looking online and found several that we really like. Last night when I got home from school we took a drive to go check out the neighborhood on a couple of the houses, and found several that we think we might really be interested in. Once we get back from San Francisco it will be time to go talk to the mortgage broker and get all the pre-approving done. Then it will be time to find our first house together! It's exciting but it's a little scary, too. This is such a large debt to incur and a LOT of responsibility. However, we both really want this and we feel ready. So the next few months will be filled with paperwork and deciding on where we will spend the next phase of our lives together.

The only sad part for me is that wherever we go next will be somewhere that my Cleo never came with me. Yes, I am still grieving the loss my angel-kitty. It's hard, but I suppose I am adjusting. Call me crazy, but next month I am planning to do a very small memorial for her. I still need that but we just haven't had the time yet and I don't want to rush it.

I am joyful to report that my Spanish final is tomorrow and that I only have to answer 35 questions (out of 100) correct to get an A in the class. Yeah, I don't think I am sweating this too much! Then we head out for San Francisco Saturday and I am so ready! A week of visiting family and just relaxing is going to be wonderful!

That's it for today! Try to stay cool in this oppressive heat! Ugh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
It's exciting to know your summer session ends today. I'm sure you'll do great on the final. Just do your best and keep thinking about SFO!
Angela