Thursday, October 01, 2009

Buying Into The Myth

That's what I did. I bought into it. I let myself be convinced that my cravings were stronger than me, and that somehow just giving myself permission was okay. I have now given myself permission to eat like crap for three days now. No more. I'm not buying into that whole "but my body is fighting me" thing. I know it's real, and that PMS is real, but do I have to give in just because I want something? No, I don't. I am now 3 pounds heavier this week, and have no one to blame but me. Not my uterus, not my cravings, just me. I made these choices, and now I have to deal with them. I don't like it. So this morning I got up and worked out HARD at the gym. I came back, showered and made myself a WW smoothie for breakfast. Lots of protein, two servings of dairy, and it's tasty! It also stays with me longer, so I know I won't be hungry until lunch. And if I do get nibbly this morning? I have an orange on my desk. And a 32 ounce water mug that I need to finish (twice) today. I watched Biggest Loser last night and it brought me to tears. There are people on that show that have bigger emotional obstacles than I can imagine, and they're doing it! You know what? So can I! I have all that stuff...the inner strength, the willpower, and the determination. So what happened this week? I allowed myself to make irresponsible choices. Well enough of that! I know there will be times when I will be stronger than others, but from here on out I need to be strong again! I know I have an army of people who believe in me and tell me so frequently. I am so grateful for all of them, and if they know I can do it, then I know I can do it.

So enough foolishness. No more chicken strips. I'm back, and I'm going to be better than ever!!

No comments: