Monday, October 05, 2009

Goals

Everyone knows it's good to have goals. I can't help but wonder if the reason I have had trouble lately is because I didn't have a specific goal (aside from just losing weight). I emailed a friend in Houston today to get some encouragement, and I got so much more! She has a plan to help me stay motivated and threw out a pretty big goal for me, and I am accepting the challenge. It's a big one, and although I am not ready to put it out there publicly, I think this is going to be just what I needed to really light a fire under me and get me moving. :) So I will share soon, but let me get into my groove first. It's pretty cool and I am apprehensive, but I have the desire and drive so I'll make it happen. Sorry to be mysterious...I'm not curing cancer or anything, but I am getting my head into the game on this and I know once I put it out there I am really doing it.

We had dinner with my parents and Grampa and Ann tonight and had a WONDERFUL time! I'm doing the AIDS Lifewalk next weekend and the Race for the Cure the following weekend, and they gave me donations to contribute for some important causes. If you'd like to donate to either, let me know and I will gladly send you the link. It's all going to good causes!

While I have had some food struggles the last couple of weeks, I think I am really getting it together. I had a good workout this morning, but I am going to work on pumping it up a notch. It's time. I've been working out for 30 minutes in the mornings, but I think the time is coming to get up earlier so I can have an hour in the gym in the morning. This is going to be painful, and will take some time to get into on a regular basis, but I think it's going to have to happen. Ugh!

I continue to be amazed at the outpouring of love and support I get from the people around me. I am a very blessed girl!

No comments: