Friday, March 04, 2011

Back in The Saddle Again

Okay...now that my blogging time for Woman's Day Magazine has come to an end, here I am trying to get back in the groove of my own blog. It has been a total whirlwind since January. While my job is changing, I am spared from being laid off. I interviewed today and feel like it went well, but I won't know for sure until I get (or don't get) an offer. I am optimistic, though, so I am hoping for the best. If I don't get exactly what I want, I will be very glad to at least still have a job.

School is keeping me busy. And by busy I mean that I feel as if I am hanging halfway out of a tornado. It's crazy! But I am getting through. What I love is that I am doing an internship with Hospice, and I just finished my training. Now I will get to start visiting patients and families, and my hope is to be able to help bring comfort to those who need it. It's my first step toward being in a helping profession, and I am excited. I am surrounded by people who are encouraging and uplifting, so I think I am in the right place.

Things at home a great! We are still loving our house so much! I'm ready for warm weather so we can enjoy our pool! Still doing the half-marathon relay at the end of the month with Kim, but I tell you...I am going to have to work hard to even be close to ready for that! One day I'll complete one on my own...someday.

So that's about it in a nutshell. It's been a busy first quarter of the year, and I am ready for the semester to end. As soon as it does, David is taking me to Las Vegas for a short vacation before summer school. I can hardly wait!

No comments: