Thursday, February 28, 2008

Star Pupil

Yes, I am the good student! I got my first paper back in my Humanities class and I got a 100 on it!! Now this is a tough class, and quite frankly I wasn't sure how he was going to grade. I would have been happy for a B on this, seeing as my quiz grades have been a little less than impressive. But 100?? Yeah, I'm pretty happy about that!

Not much to tell, really. I took the day off yesterday to finish my other paper and some additional homework. That, and I wanted a day off where I wasn't sick. David drove out to Tyler/Longview yesterday so I had the house to myself. Oh, and I had the kitties there, but they're cool. They chill and eat all day, so they don't bug me. Kaylee hung out in the office with me while I worked on my paper, but it's nice to have the warm furry friend in there with you!

I'm still working out and trying to do my best with WW. I've been struggling with the food, but I am getting the exercise in. It's just hard. Mia sent me a very inspirational quote:

"You may have a fresh start at any moment you choose, for the thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

I think that is incredibly true. As long as I don't give up, I can't possibly fail. I really like that idea! So I am making this my personal mantra.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!

No comments: