Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Prayerful Post

I was going to post a silly story or joke, but I think today is reserved for thoughtful prayer for the people along the Gulf coast. I don't know how many of you that read this blog live in Texas or on a coastal state, but when the coast is on alert and people are evacuating, we take special notice here. In Texas, we help shelter those trying to get out of harm's way. My mom and I have taken donations to shelters, I've been on committees at work to help families recover from Katrina, and most of us here know someone who had family affected. I work with a guy on my team who actually had to get into a boat from his second floor window when he lived in NO and had to escape Katrina. His story is amazing, and it's still not clear how they survived all that they did.

So tonight, humor me and say a prayer for all those who have had to flee their homes yet again. And for all those who have stayed behind to protect the city and be there in the first responder capacity. I've been watching TXCN all day hoping to see the hurricane die out, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. So please, PLEASE say prayers for everyone affected in any way. It's going to be a long night for all of those people waiting to find out the fates of their homes.

No comments: