Sunday, August 03, 2008

Wrap-Up

It's been a nice weekend. David and spent lots of time together, which is good since he leaves tomorrow and will be gone until late Saturday night. He is conducting several seminars on men's footwear for Dillards associates. He did it here in Texas and it got such rave reviews that he is literally taking his show on the road. I am very proud of him! I was originally going to meet up with him in Salt Lake City, but I decided I would rather meet him in South Padre next month. Hopefully it will be in good shape after the hurricane by then.

We went to Snuffers Friday night and then saw "Get Smart", which we thought was hilarious! Saturday we spent cleaning and just doing stuff around the house, and Saturday night David made me an awesome dinner. We watched TV and drank wine and just had a good time.

Sunday has been busier for him, since he leaves tomorrow. We watched the "Bucket List." I really like that movie. I think I may make a Bucket List of my own. I'll have to think on that.

This week will be a bit lonely without David, but one my girlfriends is going to keep me company some, so I am looking forward to that. Wednesday I am taking dinner to a family from church. I am part of my churchs' Care Team. We take meals to families in the are who might have a loved one who is sick, or recovering from something, or just needs a meal for any reason. (They don't even need to be church members...I think that's cool!) So I am going to make chicken with roasted tomatoes. I found the recipe in this month's Real Simple magazine and it looks awesome! (and it's healthy, too!) Tuesday I am having dinner with the family (Craig, I will email you about this but Ann and Grampa are going to mom and dad's...you should come, too!)

But the rest of the week I am free and breezy. I plan to fill some of the time with trips to the gym. I lost 1.4 pounds last week, so I have turned it around and am trying to be back on track.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend in spite of the sweltering 107 degree heat. Seriously, the dog days of summer have arrived.

Stay cool...literally!!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I agree, it is too stinkin hot!!!!