Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Wee Bit O' Surprise

Shumpy has informed me that Bennigan's is closed! While I didn't find myself there so often anymore, it does come as a bit of a surprise...where the heck will I get cheap beer and a Turkey O'Toole sandwich any more? That's just sad. And I know there was a crew of semi-regulars that spent many a weekend night there. It's like the end of an era. I wonder what will go in there next? It seemed to me that Bennigan's was the staple in the little Bedford Restaurant Row. Hopefully something good and with cheap beer. :)

I feel sorry for all the people who lost their jobs. It's just not a good time to be out of work.

And what will people do for St. Paddy's day next year? This is just sad.

Now would be a great time for the economy to look up. I don't know that either of our Presidential candidates can help with that. *sigh*

On that note, at least the day is coming to a close!!

1 comment:

CarmenSinCity said...

Bennigans isn't the only thing that closed. Google found it necessary to shut down thousands of blogger sites yesterday. Not sure if you noticed yet, but a lot of my friends lost their blogs. It's bullshit. Google decided they were spam. Crazy. Glad to see you made it through.