Tuesday, July 22, 2008

An Unexpected Loss

I got the news last night that one of my friends had passed away very unexpectedly. She was one of those people that I didn't see all the time, but I really cared for her and was always happy when I got to see her. She was smart, funny, beautiful, and most importantly a good friend. I referred to her as New Kim, as I have another very close friend named Kim that I called Paris Kim (for obvious reasons), and New Kim was the newest Kim in our group. :) She had been a good ear for me when I had some dating debacles, she shared my passion for MAC, and she had a really deep love for animals. Over the last year she had to overcome some incredible health issues, but her passing was a total surprise and shock. Even now I just feel so hazy...like this news just can't be real. When Angela told me last night, I didn't even know what to say. I shared the news with Paris Kim and other friends, and none of us really had any words. We all liked New Kim so much, and we will most certainly miss her. She was one of us.

So here's to the memory of our friend...we'll be there together tomorrow to remember you along with all the others whose lives you touched in so many special ways.

(from left to right: Me, Paris Kim, New Kim, and Mia)

No comments: