Sunday, September 14, 2008

We Don't Like Ike

Needless to say there was no trip to South Padre this weekend. I still took the day off on Friday, and we cleaned and just generally hung out. My friend Anne came over, and it was nice to spend time with her. Her father is very ill and her fiance is doing a tour of duty in Iraq, so she needed a night to just chill. I'm glad she chilled with us!

Saturday we spent watching the coverage of the hurricane. I have family in Houston, and it was a little nerve-wracking waiting to get confirmation that they were okay. For a while, we just didn't know. Our prayers were answered!

It's been a very relaxing weekend, just hanging out. David and I went to the park and walked a couple miles today, and that felt really good. I lost .6 pounds at WW this past week, so now I have lost a total of 4 pounds in two weeks. I'm just trying to take it a day at a time, and so far it's working. I haven't really talked to anyone about it because this time around I am just trying to keep it close to the vest and not make a big fuss about it. So no, I won't be posting about it every week, and it's okay if no one asks me about it. I'm just doing my thing, and occasionally I'll give an update here.

I've been feeling a little drained lately. We've been under a lot of stress at work and I am really doing a lot of reading for school. It was nice to take a weekend and just lay low and not do much. I do wish that there had been no hurricane...I've been ready to dig my toes into the warm sand and listen to the waves gently roll in. I guess that's for another day.

I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: