Thursday, November 20, 2008

Treading Water

Well, I have been slow to post but I have been swamped with homework. I am excited to report that I got my major homework stuff completed and off my plate, so I am actually getting to enjoy myself just a bit. We had a our weekly dinner with Grampa last night, and had a great time. He and his wife are leaving next Wednesday for a 15-day Hawaiian cruise. Let's think on that for a moment...he is 89 and cruising! I love it! I hope to be 89 and active enough to be going on cruises one day! They are so cute about it...I will miss them on Thanksgiving, but I am so happy they are enjoying their lives. :)

David and I will be hosting Thanksgiving since it will be a small group. I'm looking forward to doing the cooking and then kicking back to watch the Cowboys play...I thought they were starting to look better last week, so I am hopeful. We'll see!

I have three and a half weeks of school left in this semester...and I am ready for the break!!! We leave on OUR cruise on the 14th, but we're heading down on the 13th so we don't have to rush. Our hotel in Galveston is open and we hear that the cruise ports will be ready by then, so I think we're leaving out of G-Town. I hope so...I want to see that area rebuilt. It's not a super luxurious tropical island, but it's a neat place and I hope they can have a full recovery after Ike.

That's all I have for now. I hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Have fun! I long for the day when Joe and I can go away for that long!!!!