Friday, August 13, 2010

Taking A Break!

I finished my second summer class yesterday, and got an A on my research paper! (Which means I got an A in the class...yay!) It was a tough four weeks, but it's over now. But I have a lot coming up...we're heading up to the lake house this weekend to see Chris and her family, and I can't wait! We should probably be home packing, but we need a break so badly! I also start the official Slimdown Challenge on Monday, and we close on the house a week from today. Whew! That feels like a lot! But I'll manage just fine. :)

I registered yesterday for the Dallas Rock n Roll Half Marathon. Since I didn't get to go to Chicago, I am going to do this one on March 27th of next year. I started training this morning...I got up and was at the gym in my office at 6:30 and did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I know, 30 minutes might not be considered training for many of you, but for me it's a start. I've not been faithful about getting on the treadmill, but that's all changing. And now I have to make sure to get my cardio in so that I can be successful with the weight loss challenge! So it's really two-fold.

I am getting so excited about the house! I'm ready to move in and get settled...and it will be our own little place in the world!! I have so many ideas and plans, and I can't wait to get a paintbrush on those walls! I'll be posting pictures as I go...I'll be steaming wallpaper off and painting as soon as I can get in there! So I am excited to share all of that here with you in the blog. :)

And please don't forget to follow me at www.womansday.com/slimdown!

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

Kim said...

SO glad you aced your class! You rock!

I have been out of the blogosphere for WAY too long! I didn't know you had bought a house! CONGRATULATIONS! I hope the move goes well! Can't wait to see pics!