Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Weekend Recap is a Little Late

Yeah, I'm running behind all over the place. Sorry I've done such a poor job of blogging lately...it's just been so hectic and I haven't had much time. I think most everyone out there understands!

David and I had a nice weekend. We drove down to Austin and just relaxed for the evening. It was a really lovely evening, and we needed to recharge, for sure! The night before, (Friday night) David's brother Greg came over and we went to see Ghost Rider. It's a little far fetched in some places, but it was entertaining and I had a good time. We say the preview for 300, which looks like some kind of gladiator movie. I'm really not interested, but Greg and David told me I have to go see it with them, so apparently I am not getting out of going. (I plan to try, though!)

It's been really busy at work. I am moving into a new position (yay!) and I am having to train new people (boo). I'm not a very good trainer, and I always make sure to tell people this. It doesn't help that the other two people on my team aren't very bright, so it's really being left up to me. It will be about a month or so before I can move into my new position, and I really hope it goes by fast!

I had my first wedding nightmare last night. I dreamed that David didn't bother to go get a tux until the day of the wedding, so no one had matching tuxes. I think I am stressing myself out about the wedding. I am also having body issues (I love the dress I have picked out, but it's sleeveless and I don't love my arms.), trying to finish getting addresses from David, and starting to think about the flow of the ceremony. All of a sudden it hit me last night that I have a lot to do and the time is really starting to move quickly. I did the invitations and the RSVP cards printed last night. (In case no one knew this, I am doing the invitations myself.) I need to finalize a couple of details and then I can print the inserts with the reception and accommodation information on it. After that, I'm going to have friends come and help assemble these things, and then they will be ready to be mailed out in July.

So really, everything is under control. I just need to remind myself it will all be okay!

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear, you will soon find that you are the QUEEN of organization, prioritization and delegation.

No kidding there.

And, when my friend Chrissy got married....she threw a girls' only party at her house on a Sunday at noon, fed us all...and we assembled and addressed all of her invitations. 'Twas a stroke of genius - - we all had a blast and it only took us about two hours to do every bit of it!