Monday, April 07, 2008

I'm 16 Again!!

Take a step back in time with me...

It's 1988, and I have some very poofy bangs. The arms are stacked with bangle bracelets, and I am in an over sized t-shirt with leggings and flats. The occasion? George Michael in concert at Reunion Arena. My friend Holly (from church, mind you!) and I were off to see him in concert, and it was totally awesome!! We sang along with every song (including "I Want Your Sex" even though we didn't want anyone's sex...we just wanted to sing along and dance in the aisles!), and screamed like the teenagers we were!

Fast forward to 2008, and he's coming back! And my husband is taking me!!! Yes, we're going to see George Michael in concert at the AAC, and I am one happy girl! Gone are the poofy bangs and all the bangle bracelets...and yes, the t-shirt and leggings. But not the teenager spirit! We'll be dancing in our row and having a blast! it's our first concert together and it's going to be a riot!! I am filling my iPod with George's best stuff, and getting ready to start planning the concert clothes...I haven't been to a concert in ages!! And I am so glad David is happy to go. And now we get to be 16 again for one more night!

And a big shout-out to Kim for a lovely dinner party Saturday night! The girls got together for a vegetarian pot-luck, and it was wonderful!! Kim is a perfect hostess, and it was a great night! (except for bad traffic and Angela's allergies! Poor girl!)

I hope everyone has a good Monday!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have to find that Halloween picture from a few years ago - you know the one. Jen from 20 years ago!!!! :)