Monday, March 31, 2008

Sheer Disappointment

I attended the county Democratic convention on Saturday. I won't say as much as I would like because there isn't much to say that's positive. I arrived at 8:45 am only to find myself waiting until 1:30pm to even get signed in. Absolutely no organization at all. I ended up leave early, and I was mad driving all the way back home. I don't want to go much further with that, but I can only say that right now I won't ever plan to attend another one. There HAS to be a better way.

I did attend six art shops/galleries Saturday night for my Humanities assignment. Some were interesting, some were total crap. (In my inexperienced eye!) But David and I also celebrated being married exactly six months Saturday night. We drove by the church and then drove by the reception site, where another wedding reception was taking place. It's so much fun to think back on the night and remember how much fun it was for us. I always wish I could experience it once more...and I wouldn't change a thing. Oh, except that my husband wouldn't forget me at the church. (He rode with a groomsman to the reception...thank God for mom and dad!!) I was mad at the moment, but it's really funny now and we laugh about it. :)

So it was a good weekend. I am very tired this morning, but I have to shake it off...plenty to do today for sure!!

2 comments:

CarmenSinCity said...

holy shit - that's really funny - he left you there? Good lord! Happy 6 months!

Anonymous said...

Happy Half-Year of Wedded Bliss!

Yeah, I would have been slightly peeved if my hubby left me, too.

Funny story from my 'Ex-Hubby Files'. He was a notoriously lax dresser...when he wasn't in uniform, he lived in blue jeans and a black t-shirt. Period. (Oh, the horror..and nothing I could do would change that fact.)

On the day of our rehearsal, I left him a very sweet note, asking him to please wear his nicely pressed khakis and a button-down shirt to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. (I pressed the khakis myself and also pressed FOUR dress shirts I had purchased for him.)

At the appointed hour, I arrived at the rehearsal site and was greeted by my hubby-to-be..in the required khakis...

....and the loudest, most obnoxious, wrinkled Hawaiian print monstrosity of shirt.

When I incredulously inquired about the state of his upper half...he replied (very nonchalantly), "You told me to wear a button-down shirt. This one buttons down."

I should have KNOWN then...

(Yes, we may be divorced now, but we are the best of friends!)