Thursday, March 13, 2008

Movie Reviews and Birthday Fun

I saw Juno last night, and I really loved it! If you haven't seen it, it's not just some teenage pregnancy film...it's actually a very smart movie with really witty dialogue. I laughed and cried...it's totally going to be a movie I will be buying when it comes to DVD.

So today is actually one of my co-workers birthday. She LOVES her birthday so we've made a big fuss...and a BIG mess in her cube. She loves Elvis, so we decorated with a "Blue Hawaii" theme and put a big sparkly palm tree, a balloon shaped like the sun, and tons of confetti and Elvis pictures in her cube. She's going to love it! I made a yellow cake with chocolate icing for her, too...that's what I'm really excited about. :)

Tonight I am meeting Kim and Mia for a workout at 24 Hour Fitness. There is a "Zumba" class we're going to try out. It's some kind of crazy Latin/salsa/exercise class. This is either going to be awesome or we'll make major fools of ourselves. Either way it will be fun. With the three of us there, we can't go wrong!

Saturday night we're having a girls' night out. I have been bragging about Fireside Pies for a while, so we're going there for dinner. If you haven't eater there, you absolutely must! It's probably the best pizza/salad I have had in ages! This place has great drinks and wonderful service, too, so I am a fan! (David and I ate there twice in one week we like it so much!) So go there. You have to! (http://www.firesidepies.com/)

The great news is that Christy's husband, Rich, has a second interview scheduled for next week up here. Send good vibes for him...he'd be perfect for the job!!!!!

I think that's all my news for today. I'm glad it's Thursday. David comes home tomorrow, and then leaves again Saturday and comes home Sunday. But he's here most of next week, so that's good. :) I don't mind his travel, but it's always nice when he comes home. The cats miss him when he's away, too. We're a crazy little family with furry children, and that's working for us!

Oh, and a shout-out to Shumpy, who has added me to his list of noteworthy blogs! I promise to try and live as interesting a life as possible so that I make a good read! :)

Have a great Thursday everyone!

1 comment:

CarmenSinCity said...

I used to take zumba classes when I lived in Florida. I loved them.