Monday, October 06, 2008

Fall Weather, No Time, and Just Plain Tired.

First, I am totally digging this wonderful weather! If it stays in the 70s for a while, I am all good. It's cool enough to break out the fall clothes and those are always my favorites!

I feel like time is at such a premium these days! David and I have had little time lately, and it's been spent with others, which is always nice, but since he's about to start his six weeks of being gone Tuesday through Saturday nights, I'm kind of feeling selfish with our time together. We had a friend over for dinner Friday night, which was so much fun, and Saturday afternoon/evening was spent with his parents (which was really a good time!), but I was happy to have him all to myself on Sunday. We made a yummy dinner (Turkey Osso Buco and mushroom risotto - WOW! Thanks Food Network!) and spent the day just hanging out. Loved it! He's getting ready to leave again tomorrow, and I will miss him. But I have plenty to fill my time. School is keeping me really busy, and I have a friend getting married in November/December (her fiancee is going to come home from Iraq long enough to get married and then head back) so we're spending time getting that put together. We're planning a very small ceremony and reception for when he comes home on R&R, but when he finishes his tour next year they will do the big shindig. That's going to be BIG fun! So see? I have a full plate and won't have time to be bored. Is that good?


Anyhow...on a lighter note, here's what David made for our anniversary dinner:


It's grilled salmon, sea scallops and shrimp. And yes, it was too much food and we had to save some for leftovers. But it was VERY good! And here's dessert:


Yum! It's a replica of our wedding cake (we got some fresh cake instead of year old cake...yay!) and champagne in our toasting flutes. It was a fun meal, and VERY special.

So that's about it for now. I haven't been home long from school and I am going to heat up some dinner and watch some TV. Have a good evening!

No comments: