Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Best Feeling

I did it! I did the 5K, not in record time, but in a good time for me! I wasn't first or last, but because I crossed the finish line I feel like I won. :) My parents were there, and it was the best feeling ever! They had made a sign and were cheering loudly. I remember hearing a whole bunch of people cheering for me as I headed in, so I picked up the pace and ran it in under and hour. For anyone else, that time would be lousy, but for me, it may as well have been the time that won the Boston Marathon. I have the satisfaction of knowing that because I finished, I feel like I won.

To make a great day better, I lost 3.2 pounds at WW for a grand total of 31.2 pounds gone now!

I also got to welcome home a unit of soldiers from Iraq. My friend Anne's husband came home from his year-long deployment, and that was special to see. I took pictures, but that was a very personal moment and I think those pictures are just for them. I was honored to even be there. Everyone that deployed made it home, so God took very good care of them. (Thanks God!)

Hope everyone's week was wonderful!

1 comment:

Jerilyn said...

I love that you took pictures for them.

I did the same, in 2007...when my dear friend's hubby came home from Iraq for a short leave. Dear friend was nine month's pregnant, so it was an extra-joyous occasion...welcoming home her hubby exactly one week before she brought their son into the world.

I felt like I was intruding that day...but now, I look back on it as being able to give them some photographic memories of that day...the first glimpse he had of her...their first embrace...his hand placed gently on her stomach.

I still feel blessed that they let me record it in pictures for them.