Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Let The Celebrating Begin!

This weekend we are going to really celebrate my birthday! Since I am in school four nights each week, we didn't really get to do much besides grab dinner (which was awesome! Mom and Dad took us to MK Sushi for dinner - LOVE that place!!!), I am meeting David in South Padre to kick back and relax. I am actually missing class tomorrow night (this is a first since I have been back in school!!) and flying out to start the weekend. He still has to work Friday, but I can lounge and read and sleep. This is just what I need! It's been a really nice birthday, though. One of my co-workers (who is more of a friend than merely a co-worker!) made me a special birthday cake. (His name is Bryan, by the way.) Bryan and his partner made me an angel food cake with fresh strawberries and fat free cool whip! How awesome! And Sandra brought in fresh fruit for breakfast! (I could have cried it meant so much to me!) They brought me cards and took me to lunch and I felt really special. And they didn't have to do any of it! They're just very thoughtful people, and it means more than I can say. :) I took pictures and will post them tomorrow when I have time to upload them.

I can't wait for tomorrow! I am going to get up at 7am and go for a good hour-long workout and then come home and clean the apartment. I have to pack ( and I am taking my running shoes so that I can keep on with the exercising!) and then head to the airport around 2:45 to give myself plenty of time. Tonight I have class, and my professor is letting me take tomorrow's quiz tonight so that I don't have to miss it. Although she's not the best teacher, I do think she's a nice person and I am grateful to get to take the quiz early.

It's going to be a busy day wrapping things up in the office. Stay cool, everyone!

No comments: