Monday, June 22, 2009

Older and Maybe Wiser, Too

Another year older today, and I have to tell you that even with all the jokes about being 29 again, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't go back. As I get older each year, I think there are things about me that get better. Like this year, I am physically and mentally stronger than ever before. I have lost 35+ pounds to date, and have already achieved goals I didn't know I could. I am powering through school and working toward that goal with great success. I really feel proud of what I am accomplishing. All this comes with sacrifice, though. I don't have much of a social life anymore, but somehow I am okay with that. These things that I am doing are making me feel better about myself, and I am hoping that those who love me will continue to be patient with me. I won't always be in school, although sometimes it feels that way! It's all worth it to me, though. All the hard work and the time I have to put in means something and when it's all said and done I will be able to feel so proud of myself. And all the cautious eating and early morning workouts are already paying off, so I don't even have to justify that. :) I am pleased to say that my co-workers made me a sugar free and fat free angel food cake with strawberries for my birthday - how cool is that? And it's home made!! I am a blessed girl. So am I having a big birthday party? No, there's just no time. This birthday will come and go quietly, but I'm very okay with that. I'm looking at a much bigger picture and I like what I see. :)

No comments: