Friday, June 12, 2009

A Little Anxious

I am doing my 5K tomorrow, and I am feeling nervous. I have a lot of what ifs...

What if:
  • I'm the slowest one there?
  • I can't finish?
  • I somehow manage to make a fool of myself?

But here's the thing...who cares if I'm the slowest? I know I can finish, so I don't even need to worry about that one. And how many times a day do I make a fool of myself on a regular basis and never give it another thought? So I should be just fine! I don't know anyone there, so it's not like my reputation is at stake, and it's a church for Pete's sake...I'm sure they are lovely people! And besides, my parents will be there to cheer me across the finish line. Does it get better than that? No, it really doesn't. :)

So that's my big thing this weekend! Wish me luck tomorrow!!

No comments: