Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Feeling Good!

I've had a wonderful week, and it's only Wednesday! We had a really fun weekend in South Padre, and I got to really relax and unwind. We came home Sunday, and Monday I was home working on a project for my Spanish class. I gave my presentation Monday night and got a 100 on it! Then Tuesday morning I was at the gym working hard and had just sat down on one of the machines to work on my legs when I noticed a gentleman coming over. I assumed he was going to ask me if I would be long on the machine, but boy was I wrong! He was a tall man about my father's age, and he proceeded to tell me that he had been noticing over the last couple of months that I was making tremendous progress and that even though he didn't know me he was proud of me! I could have cried tears of joy! We talked for a few minutes, and just that one man made my whole day brighter! I felt so proud of myself, and my will to work hard got even stronger!! So needless to say I have been walking on clouds ever since then!! It really was very motivating!

I am so proud of Kim...she is training for her 5K!! Hers is in a few weeks and I am eager to hear how she does. I have a long way to go before I am running the majority of a 5K, but I told Kim that I'd like to do one with her next year. Maybe I can talk her into the 3-Day with me...(what do you think, Kim?)

I took my Spanish final tonight and I think I did pretty well. The second summer session begins Monday, so no rest for the weary. But it's okay...I am knocking out 8 hours this summer and that feels pretty darn good!

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July! My cousin, Ashley, is coming to stay with us Friday and Saturday, and we're taking her to David's parents house with us to enjoy the family party. It's going to be a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

Kim said...

It has been a great week, hasn't it! I agree with you on that :).

Hmmm.. the 3 day. I think I might actually take you up on that. :)