Thursday, July 09, 2009

A Little Numb

That pretty much sums it up...I just feel kind of numb and hazy today. I've been sleeping, but I wake up and I don't feel rested. I think I really need that...some good rest. I think we're doing better, but I still find myself glancing in Cleo's spots around the house, waiting for her to come out from under the end table and announce to her staff (that would be me and David) that she is ready to eat and we need to hop to it. :) That would be a very Cleo thing to do.

I really do love reading the cards we've gotten from friends and from the vet's office. They wrote a personal note to us and it was so lovely. Everyone has been so kind and understanding, and I am so thankful. God has blessed us with a lot of wonderful people around us.

I am going to try and start talking about other things going on, as I know life keeps happening around us even though we are still grieving. I did end up with an "A" in 1st semester Spanish, so I am back in class this week taking the second semester. It's going to be a little tougher and I think I am going to have to work harder this time around, but that's okay. The professor (same one I had before) is giving us more homework, which is probably a good thing. It gives us more practice and I think I need it. We took a quiz the other day and I missed a couple that surprised me, so at least I know what I need to review.

I've still been working out this week. It's been really hard to muster up the energy to do it, but if I don't I think it would be bad. I've always been an emotional eater, and this would have been blown out of the water otherwise, although I haven't been very hungry this week. I am glad we've still been going to the gym and trying to maintain some semblance of a routine. It's been good for us both.

I'm going to wrap it up for today. I promise to try and lighten things up as much as I can...thanks for allowing me to indulge in the sadness this week. Anyone who knows me at all knows how incredibly attached I was to Cleo, so this has been hard. But if you'll pray for us, we'll do our very best to let God's healing move through us and help us move forward into more joyful, happy memory-filled days.

No comments: