Tuesday, July 07, 2009

How Do I Do This?

This pain in my heart weighs on my chest like an anvil, and I keep wondering how I will get through each day without Cleo. I keep looking for her in all her little places in the house that she liked to nap. David and talk often about what silly things she would do to make us laugh. She was truly a diva, and I wouldn't change that for anything. She was more than a cat...much more. She was my friend, and for a long time she was my main companion. When David came into our lives, she took to him the moment she met him, and she loved him fiercely. We'd sit on the couch and she'd climb over me to get to his lap so he could pet her. (I love that!) She loved to get into the shower and lick the beads of water off the wall, or curl up in the sink right when I needed to turn the water on. She loved the sound of the cat food can opening, and she would let you know very clearly when she was ready to eat. She liked wet food with lots of gravy...she'd lick the gravy up and leave the part you had to chew for later.

There are a million quirks and silly things about her that I will miss. Her big green eyes, her poofy cheeks, her rumbly purr. I keep wondering how I can make it through each day without a total breakdown...so far, I haven't. She was with me for almost 17 years, and I will grieve the loss of this beautiful creature for a long time. She was unlike any other.

I'll just keep asking God to help us heal. And maybe her sweet little spirit will surround us from time to time and remind us that the ones we love never really leave us, but live on in our hearts forever.

No comments: