Monday, July 20, 2009

Bringing Cleo Home

We had Cleo cremated, and we picked up her remains on Saturday morning. It was hard, but it was comforting to have her with us. She is in a beautiful wooden box with her name engraved on the top, and there was also a note from the service that took care of her. It told us that we were in their prayers, and that they sent their deepest sympathies. It was very thoughtful, and also comforting to think they had taken such good care of her. I still miss her so much my heart aches, but the tears are flowing less frequently now and I think I managed to keep myself composed most days.

It really is comforting to have her with us, although I know her little spirit is in Heaven. Somehow it's helpful to have something tangible to represent that little angel here on earth.

I hope everyone can enjoy a little rain today. :)

No comments: