Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Ball is Officially Rolling

I did it! I ordered my wedding dress last night! Mom, Wendy and I went to the bridal shop and ordered my beautiful dress. I wish I could post a picture, but since David drops in to read the blog from time to time, I just can't do that. But trust me, it's really pretty! And it's different...it's really special. It's sleeveless, and my arms are not really good for sleeveless, so Wendy is going to do the sleeves or a wrap or whatever we decide to do so that I don't worry about my arms all day long. Also, my waist has gotten smaller since the last time we measured me at the dress shop, so that was good news for me as well. :) After the dress shop we went to get some dinner and talk wedding stuff. Wendy is generously offering to make the flower girl dresses, help with mom's dress, make me some sundresses for the honeymoon, and make some really cool tote bags for my bridesmaid gifts (they will later be filled with lots of fun things!). Oh, and she's also doing the ring bearer pillows, flower girl baskets, and tissue box covers (for the weepy ones at the ceremony). This woman is one of the most gifted pattern designers I have ever seen, and I am so honored that she wants to participate in all the wedding stuff! Mom and I are so excited!! So now we're down to 206 days until the wedding...it's going to go fast!

David is on the road again and comes home on Saturday. We are hoping Craig and Jen can come over and hang. :) I haven't seen them in FOREVER!

That's the news for now. I am on a wedding high at the moment, and it's all I can do to focus on work!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Way to go on the lower measurements! I know how hard you worked and it so awesome to see results!