Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Housetrained

Yes, I am slowly being domesticated. We are making great efforts to eat at home more, so we are cooking more. Yes, I am channeling Betty Crocker. (Except healthier!) Last night I made a recipe for lemon caper tilapia, and it was divine! We steamed some red potatoes and asparagus and had some raw snow peas and it was all really good! We were celebrating our one month-a-versary, and were going to toast with champagne but since David is on antibiotics we toasted with fruit juice. :) I made black bean soup last week, and I even have a recipe for balsamic chicken with mushrooms for tonight. We've really gotten into cooking at home and I am loving it! Another reason? Brace yourself for the same old song and dance: I have rejoined WW. (Try not to groan and roll your eyes.) Why will this time be different? Because I got put on high blood pressure medication. I am not happy about that. My doctor says that with weight loss I can get right off it, so I am no longer in it for the vanity reason. I hate being on medications, so I am seriously busting my butt to get off the medication. So all these awesome recipes? Yep. They're WW recipes. I put myself on the plan on the 20th, but didn't actually go to a meeting until the 27th. However, in that week of working on my own I did lose 2.5 pounds! So I am very serious this time. (Really, I swear!) It's all about being healthy now, and not just looking cute in a pair of jeans.

Since we live in an apartment we don't typically get trick-or-treaters, even though in past years I have put out signs and bought candy. This year we are not buying that junk. We're going to dinner with Grampa! :) (I'd much rather do that anyhow!) I'm looking forward to seeing him tomorrow night. Now that everything is slowing down, I feel like we have a lot more time to get back into our routines, and having our weeklies with Grampa is a very important and very enjoyable routine.

Kevin is back from his honeymoon and we had lunch today to get caught up. I'm so glad he's back! It sounds like he and Samantha had a wonderful honeymoon, and I couldn't be happier for them!

So no other news for now. David heads out on Thursday, so I still have a little more time with him. I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments: