Thursday, July 13, 2006

Fancy Schmanzy!

It's that time of year...it's Restaurant Week here in the metroplex, and most of the really nice (read: pricey) restaurants offer a set meal at $35/person. You have to call and get a reservation as they go very quickly. David has gone on about a restaurant in Dallas called Abacus that he got to go try on the company dime, and he LOVED it and has wanted to go back, so we have reservations in mid-August for a lovely dinner. I can't wait! :) I think this will require a new outfit.

So I leave for San Francisco on Monday!! I am so ready. Work is just sucking the life out of me. We've had so much going on and I am burned out, work out, and just plain sick of it. I know this will pass, but right now I am really in need of a change. Whew...what a whiner!

My cousin's wife, Jen, who I just think of as family and not an "in-law" is going through some tough stuff. Her mother has been ill for a while and they had to put her in a Hospice facility yesterday. Her mother has been battling cancer for a while now is in a lot of pain. Jen and Craig, I love you both and I am here for you. I can't even imagine what she must be going through. Please keep them in your prayers.

I spent some time with Cleo the Uber-Awesome cat yesterday. She's at mom and dad's because she doesn't play well with others. (Zak and Kaylee and Cleo in a one bedroom apartment? Too much cat!) But I laid down next to her and snuggled and it was so nice! I miss her little chubby self! I took a picture with my cell phone so that I could look at it all the time. I love my cat!! :)

Mom and Dad have had an ongoing saga trying to replace the window in the front of the house. They've basically been lied to and jerked around by the guy they hired to replace the window. They hired him May 24th and although they have a window in, it looks bad, it's not finished, and the guy has used every excuse in the book to be late or delay work. So tonight my parents are having a new person coming from Home Depot to take a look and do an estimate. We're hoping for the best! I think my parents need to take the original window guy to small claims court. He's paid for work he hasn't done. If you need window work done, what ever you do, do NOT contact Sister's Windows in Hurst. Bad bad bad! My parents are such nice people and I can't believe someone would try to cheat them. If I got hold of this guy, he'd be sorry! (When it comes to my family, don't cross me!)

I get to start my vacation off by leaving work at 2pm tomorrow, but I have to go for my annual physical so it's not that fun. But afterwards I am going to the Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale to buy a new pair of shoes! I know I get freebies from Born, but they don't make New Balance so I have no choice! I don't know if I will have a chance to blog from San Francisco. I am so worn out that I am planning to disconnect from as much as possible while I am there, which should include computers. I'll be back on the 24th, and will resume the blogging then. However, if I run into an internet cafe, I may not resist the urge to update you on my vacation fun, so feel free to check back periodically. (Yeah, I think our hotel has free internet access, so I'll probably blog.)

It's going to be 65 degrees in San Francisco next week! Thank goodness! Everyone try and stay cool and I will check in when I can!!

No comments: