Friday, July 07, 2006

Remembering Our Friends In London

It was one year ago today that the bombing on the Tube lines in London occurred. I was there just a month before, so when it happened I felt a little shaken up. I had just been there and everything was wonderful...how could this be? So many people were injured or killed. If you can, please take a moment and send the people of London a prayer...they need to know that we're with them. Also, take a moment and read "Rachel in North London". Her blog link is on the right side of this page. She is a survivor and very active in victim's rights. She writes a very intelligent blog. Go back and read the entries from after 7/7 last year. Her recounting of the incident is moving.

In much less somber news, David comes back tonight. Yay! I missed him, although I entertained myself all evening by playing The Sims. It was a quiet evening and it was nice. Tonight we are taking it easy, and tomorrow night we're going to a BBQ at Jessica's house. (I must remember to bring soda!!) Oh, and 10 more days until I leave for San Francisco!! If you have some good restaurant suggestions, please let me know!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

(Mom and Dad, you have 24 more days until your 37th wedding anniversary!!)

No comments: