Sunday, December 17, 2006

Finally I Have Time to Post!

So it has been a really busy week and now they changed our security at work and I can't post from work any more. It's been ahrd to find time in the evenings, but I have a few minutes so I am here to update.

NYC was great! It was a packed two days and I was so sore from all the walking. We saw the Statue of Liberty, Groud Zero, Rockefeller Plaza, Times Square, went to mass at St. Patricks Cathedral, and did a LOT of walking. It wasn't too cold, and we had a really fun time.

We pretty much finished up our Christmas shopping today. I just need to get some ribbon and a few little things and we're done. However, David and I are feeling crummy (sinus congestion) and we have spent the evening laying around. We went and got soup at Jason's Deli, and it tasted good. David is off work for the next three weeks, so at least he can relax. Some of us still have to work!

Friday was Girl's Day, and we had a really good time. Mia, Kim and I had lunch in Southlake and wandered around and had a blast. Jen and Angela couldn't make it, but hopefully next time! We're shooting for February, so with some advanced planning maybe all the ladies can make it!

There is so much we need to do and not enough time. I finally got my Christmas cards ready to send and David will take them to the post office tomorrow. We need to clean and finish the packages, and I think David is smoking the pork for Christmas, so we need to get that bought and prepped. Jen and Craig are hostessing Christmas, but I am worried it might be too much, as she is having a little outpatient surgery on Tuesday. I'll be checking on her, as I don't want her to feel pressured to do too much. She is a great hostess and I want her to just recover and not feel the holiday stress.

So that's it for now. The year is starting to wind to a close and I am reflecting on how much my life has changed this year. Every time I move to a new apartment, I always wonder to myself, "what will happen in my life while I live here?" Since I moved last year, I have gotten engaged to the absolute love of my life. That's so amazing to me. (286 days by the way!) So many good things have happened, and through the journey I have been surrounded by the best friends I could hope for. I've been a very blessed girl, and I don't take that for granted. So for my friends I am so very grateful. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: