Friday, May 18, 2007

The "Make America Sparkle" Campaign

I had a weird revelation a few minutes ago...next month I will be old enough to run for president. Not that I am making any plans to do so, but if I did, what would my campaign be like?

  • Mandatory shopping holidays (deep discounts and paid time off from work included)
  • Cleaner cities - we need to make America sparkle!
  • People would need to exercise courtesy and good manners in public (cell phone etiquette, hello!)
  • Hugging would be the proper form of greeting people

I'm sure there are more important issues at hand, but it's not like I'm actually running. BUt as of June 22nd, I could!

On a less "fluff" note, tomorrow is weigh in. After my .4 gain last week, I don't have a clue what the scale will say, but I've done a good job this week of tracking what I ate and of making good choices, so what else can a girl do? Hopefully I will have good news to report. I have also been drinking green tea all day. Good for the insides!

Sunday is my very first bridal shower! Do you know how hard it is not to peek at my online registry? Yeah, I don't know either...I peeked! :) But I won't peek any more this weekend. I bought nice hostess gifts for Wendy and Maureen, who are hostessing this wonderful party, and I can't wait to give them their gifts! I also found the absolute coolest bridemaid gifts, but I obviously can't talk about them here. After they get the gifts in September I can spill the beans. But they're so cool!! If you need a really cool gift for a girlfriend, email me and I can tell you all about it! (Unless you're one of my Fox Force Five...then you have to wait!)

That's it for now. Have a good Friday everyone! I'm going to dinner with the folks and then going to buy my Thank You cards, so it should be a very nice evening. :)

No comments: