Friday, May 25, 2007

On the Mend

Oh man, I have been so sick! I've had a monster of an upper respiratory infection and it hasn't been much fun. I missed a few days of work, but I am better. Still coughing and fighting the phlegm, but definitely better.

My kitchen shower last Sunday was great! Wendy went all out and we had a great time. My friends and family are so very generous! We got lots of wonderful stuff, and we had a good time going through all our goodies after I got home. :)

It's been a busy week with work. Today is nice because I only have to work a half day, so Mia and I are going to bum around and have some lunch. I got to have dinner with Christy last night, and it was nice to get together. (We went to the MAC counter!!) She wants to have a bridal shower for me in August, so we talked about that. August will be busy for me...bridal shower and bachelorette party!! Woo-hoo! My girls are planning a trip to Austin for that, so it should be a blast!

Saturday night I am hostessing an engagement celebration for Kevin and Samantha. It's easy - it's a pot luck dinner, so we'll have lots of yummy stuff. I'm going to get to see lots of friends I haven't seen in a while, so I am really looking forward to that. David will be home Saturday night, so I'll get to show him off for a little while at least! (He's in Denver right now.)

So I think that gets me caught up. I haven't done well with my eating this week, and I haven't been able to exercise because I have been so sick, so even though I am going to WW tomorrow, I am not going to weigh in. I need to go and get pumped up at the meeting and then be back on track again, so don't look for a weight loss total tomorrow. We're just going to say that I maintained and leave it at that. The thing is that I am okay with this. I ate some stuff I shouldn't have eaten this week, and now I am getting myself back into my groove. Actually, I see this as a positive - I'm back in control and ready to work out next week! So I am feeling good about this. That's the nice thing about WW...it's never too late to get back on track!

Have a great Friday everyone!!

No comments: