Monday, August 27, 2007

33 Days - Holy Cow!

I can't believe it! 33 days! We had a very busy weekend, but we got some wedding stuff accomplished so I feel good. We got David measured for his tux, we had the final cake tasting (that was sheer torture...eating cake is a tough job, but someone has to do it!), celebrated the 2nd birthday of my very soon to be twin nephews...and that was all on Saturday! Sunday was much less busy with regards to running around like madpeople, but we still got lots done. We relaxed, did some housekeeping, and vegged for a bit. But during the evening, we watched about three hours of the Discovery channel's Blue Planet series. All three episodes were about sea life and let me tell you, there are some scary looking things living deep in the ocean! I thought some of those things were made up, but they're real! I am never going into water I can't see the bottom of...those creeped me out!

However, while watching all this, we finished up the confetti packets for the reception, as well as discussing other details. Tonight we are working on wedding day logistics and how to get everyone and everything where it needs to go on the big day. We're also going to work on the seating chart. (Don't worry...we're doing it so that we can match up people who might not know anyone else with other people who they might enjoy getting to know! It's not like a second grade classroom seating chart!) Mom has gotten the decor for the rehearsal dinner taken care of, and it's going to look great! We found someone who actually has enough chairs and tables for us to borrow, so we won't even need to rent them! (We're catering our dinner at Angela's beautiful house!) Everything is really falling into place and I am getting excited again. For a while I just wanted to hide from everything wedding related. It gets to be a lot of stress! (I had no idea!) I used to make fun of the Bridezilla shows. Although most of those women are over the top rude and tacky, I do understand how they get stressed and a little snippy with people. (That does NOT excuse just flat out bad behavior!) You just want everything to be beautiful and to look like you envision. I am learning to just trust that it will all be OK. I am also not good at delegating, so I need to remember that I am surrounded by wonderful people who are here to help. (I have people ask me all the time what they can do to help me!) All will be well...I need to relax and breathe.

So that's it for today. Plenty of rambling. It's only going to get worse in the next 33 days!

No comments: