Thursday, August 30, 2007

Have A Seat? No Thanks!

So my wedding dress is done except for adding the straps and one very special little detail. But I tried it on and loved it! It's not built for comfort, that's a fact. And sitting down? I don't know if that's going to happen. We all know I am not a supermodel-sized girl, so there are some mechanics going on under the dress to smooth things out and make me look nice. That, and the dress has a fair amount of boning in it to make the bodice lay just right. It's beautiful! But not good for sitting! Thankfully I have very comfy shoes (thanks to Born footwear!) and will also have some flip flops in case I need to change...but I doubt I will. So while I may look lovely, I will probably be wishing that I could sit gracefully. :)

I met with our reception coordinator. She replaced the one we had that I loved so much, and I had a lot of reservations about a new person this far into the game. Turns out that I ADORE her!! And sadly, the other girl that I loved wasn't on top of things like our new girl, whose name is Heather. Heather and I have the very same organizational style, so I feel like she gets me. And she has been in this business for a long time and knows what's what. So I am feeling so much better about things!! I wrote the check for the reception, and we talked for two hours about all the reception details. I am really excited about everything! :) So now I can focus on other details because I know things are on track. :)

Today I am having a bridal shower here at the office, and I am excited about it. Although it does start to feel funny when you think about people pretty much just gathering to watch you open stuff. It's a little awkward, but very flattering! :)

So that's it for now. I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

No comments: