Thursday, January 24, 2008

Class Dunce

So I had my first quiz in my Humanities class last night. I honestly read all the materials he told us to read, and I studied like crazy. What I did that I need not to do next time is anticipate what I think he's going to quiz us over, because while I studied with great intensity the structure of value systems and how we establish vales, he quizzed us over cultural matrixes. While I read about the cultural matrixes, I didn't spend a lot of time on that because he never mentioned it in class so I assumed the quiz would be over what we covered. WRONG!! But now I know for next week that I need to be very familiar with EVERYTHING! However, I still really like my professor and I am loving the class. Next time I will be better prepared! I hate giving him the impression that I didn't do my homework, but next time I'll do much better!

I also ate a cheeseburger yesterday. I bombed my quiz AND I ate a cheeseburger. Not a banner day for me. But I was hungry and it really was good! (I'll be paying for that later on the scale!) So I am working out and being very very good for the rest of the week. There is still time to show a loss, but I bet it won't be a 4 pound loss this week! (And you know what? That's okay! I can't go the rest of my life with no cheeseburger!)

David comes home today, and if we're lucky, we'll get iced in and can't go to work tomorrow so I can stay home and snuggle! We're crossing our fingers! David told me if I have to stay home tomorrow he'll make me pancakes. I love this man!

His birthday is next week so I am going to plan fun things to make the celebration last all week long. It will culminate with dinner at Truluck's that following Saturday night, and we're both looking forward to that. We've never been but I hear rave reviews, and since we both love seafood so much, we're going to give it a try. Now I just have to plan fun and silly things to make for a great birthday week! I already took care of one birthday gift for him, but now I have to do a few other little things. I love planning birthday stuff! Since we're going to cut out gift giving at Christmas and give money and time to charity, we decided to make birthdays much bigger deals, and I am going to set the bar! (Hey, I want to be spoiled when it's my turn!)

Okay, I think that's it for now. Everyone stay warm and have a great Thursday!

No comments: