Thursday, March 26, 2009

Almost At The Finish Line...

That's how it feels...tomorrow is Friday and we're almost there!! (Thankfully!) It's been a long week and I feel really tired. Nothing big happening in my life, just all the usual stuff. Except for my 14 year old cousin, Ashley. She got into trouble recently (peer pressure got the best of her) and now she's in a pickle. It's a story for another day, though, but she is on my mind constantly right now. Okay, basically she let a little friend of hers talk her into doing something with some very serious consequences. We're still waiting to see how this is going to go. I don't want to give details here, but she's physically fine. (No drugs or teen preggo stuff.) She just made a really irresponsible decision and now she's going to have to suffer the fallout. I hope that this is a lesson learned. I think kids today really do have it harder. There is more access to temptation than when I was that age. Cell phones, computers...all of it makes temptation a text message away. I am thankful I grew up when I did. It just seems like it was easier to be a regular kid and not having to contend with some of that stuff. That, and my idiot moments didn't end up on YouTube. :) But again, my idiot moments were mostly me being a dork. So all that to say, Ashley is a good kid, makes good grades, and I love her to pieces. Still do, just disappointed. And don't ask me to post the details, because I won't. I just needed to put this out into the universe and hope for good things to come back. Mostly, I am just praying for her to have wisdom and the courage to stand up to her peers when her gut tells her something isn't right.

So that's it. I think I am going to go to Central Market tonight and find some yumminess for dinner. I want to cook, but I don't know what just yet.

Allrighty. I'm outta here!

No comments: