Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break Is Over

I was sad that Spring Break was over, but really...I still had to work and do other things so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I saw the Vagina Monologues with Mom Saturday night. Interesting. It was part of a day-long "Whole Woman" festival. My takeaway was that apparently there is a perception that when it's a woman's festival, all women want to buy is hippy artwork and incense. Just an observation, not knocking anything. The production itself was very interesting. Mom and I left laughing at ourselves at the end of the evening. All I will say is that no matter how much it may take away from my inner Goddess, there are just some words I won't say. Sorry. (Mom, you know I just CAN'T!)

Sunday was full of studying. I have a test in my Human Sexuality class tomorrow, so I am trying to be prepared. I also got advised for Fall '09 today. It's going to be a full semester. Taking Crisis Intervention, Humanities, and History. I still have some GEC courses to knock out. I am registering for Summer next month and will be taking both semesters of Spanish. Yes, I am a VERY dedicated girl and if I handle Summer I well, I will add my communications class for Summer II. Seriously, I am ready to have my BA done so I can move on to Grad school. I am not loving my job, and every day I have to go and put up with more BS, I am reminded why I am working so hard in school.

Dad is retiring in a little over a month now. I think it's great! He's worked for a long time and deserves to enjoy himself now. Dad has always taken such good care of us, and it's time for him to enjoy his life. I hear he is planning to volunteer at church, maybe participate in the men's Bible study, and work out a few days a week at the gym. Go Dad! I'm so excited for you! Maybe once in a while he can sneak in lunch with his favorite daughter...

That's it for now. I'm going to head to bed and rest up. David heads out again tomorrow, and I have that test tomorrow night. Good vibes will be welcome at 4:30!

No comments: