Thursday, April 23, 2009

Here We Go Again...

...with all the "rah rah rah" and positive energy talk. Yes, I am still doing well with WW, and feeling great! I was telling a coworker today how clear-headed I feel, and how I can tell that I have gotten rid of some of the toxins stored in my body...I just feel better and brighter and all that silly stuff. :) It's a good feeling, and I love feeling in control of everything! I am aiming to get up at 4:45 am tomorrow to get in a workout, and I love it!!

Saturday after my WW meeting, my mom is coming over for some retirement party planning for dad. I'm also going to have her take my measurements (ugh!) and then in a month I'll do it again and see where it's starting to come off from. I don't expect miracles, but it's nice to be able to track all this. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I'm feeling that old determination that I felt back in 2005. (Check blog postings from 2005...I was very successful, but fell off the wagon.) All that strength and will is coming back to me. It helps to have a very supportive husband (who seems to love me as I am right now!), and he goes to the gym with me and never minds eating healthy. Hey, we like veggies a LOT! I am surrounded by people who are cheering for my success - Kim, big shout out to you on this one! I was thinking of my friend Holly, who used to give me cards and flowers, and when I lost 50 pounds, she gave me $1 for every pound I lost. (Holly, I wouldn't ever be able to forget how supportive and kind you have always been to me!) And then there is my family, who seems to love me and be proud of me all the time. I count my blessings daily, as I have much to thankful for. Thank you so much, mom and dad, for always being positive. Hopefully this will be one more thing I do that makes you proud. (Although I have to be clear to all who are about to say it anyways....I really am doing this for me!)

And here I am again...at the starting line and ready to go. Except it's not a race. It's a long walk, but I'm absolutely determined to cross the finish line this time. I have a very long way to go, but it's just like the old saying goes: How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. :)

No comments: