Monday, April 27, 2009

Tired and Frustrated

David and I walked for about 4 miles yesterday, and I was exhausted by the time I got done! I was frustrated about that because I used to be able to do that, no problem. I've just been out of regular working-out habits for a while, and now that I am back to it, it's hard to recondition my body to do what I could do so easily before. I know I have to have patience, and I am trying. Oh trust me, I am trying. It's hard to be back at what feels like square one, though. But I'm powering through and pushing myself to do this. I want to do the Breast Cancer 3-Day in 2010, and right now the ability to do that feels like a long way off. But hey, a year and a half can make a big difference! WW is challenging its' members to do a 5K this summer, so I am part of a group that is training for that every Saturday after my WW meeting. That should help, except that I have to miss the first training this weekend because of Dad's retirement party - but that's a valid reason and I don't mind!! I'll make up for it on Sunday and get out and walk. A 5K is 3.1 miles, and I can do this. Those who finish a 5K will get a charm, and as silly as it may sound, those kinds of rewards work well for me. Whatever works, right?

So that's about it in a nutshell. It was a good evening. Got my hair cut on Friday (had to go to a new guy since Christy is on maternity leave). It's good and I am happy. Getting the color redone on Wednesday, and I am very happy about that...my greys are making an appearance and we don't need that!! So I am trying to maintain myself. I am not a cheap gal!

Everyone try not to float away with all the rain!!

No comments: