Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Waiting

I don't like waiting. I am definitely a "I need to know right now" kind of girl. But I am finding myself waiting. Waiting for the blood work to come back on my cat. You can mock me if you want, but this cat means more to me than I know how to tell you. She is almost 17 years old, and has been with me through everything. She's road tripped with me, flown on airplanes with me, survived an earthquake in Seattle with me. She's seen the ups and downs of my dating life, and she snuggles me when I am sick. This cat isn't just a cat to me. She is my love.

Lately she seems to want to eat but hasn't been eating much, and she's gotten pretty thin. David took her to the doctor this morning, and she has lost a lot of weight, which sent me into a crying jag when he texted me this information. My precious only weight 5 pounds, 6 ounces. That's down 3.5 pounds since two years ago. But the doctor, who is a very trusted man in my family (we've been taking animals to them for 31 years now), was reassuring, saying that he thinks there is a good chance it's her thyroid. Whatever it is, he seems to feel that it will likely be treated with meds and diet. Oh, I can live with that! Regardless, no one thinks she is going to the Rainbow Bridge any time soon. Music to my ears! But of course, we don't know anything for sure until we get the blood work back. Dr. K will call me tonight with the results, and we'll go from there.

I love this cat more than anything. She means the world to me, and there is almost nothing I wouldn't do for her. I'm just not ready to let her go. Thankfully, it looks like she's not going anywhere. (But I'll keep praying until I know for sure!)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Please keep me updated! Happy thoughts and lots of hugs (for you and Cleo!!!)