Friday, May 01, 2009

Catch-Up

It's been a whirlwind! Okay, first things first: Cleo is going to be fine! She has a very overactive thyroid, so we began treating it with a once-a-day pill. While she doesn't love taking a pill, it's a small price to pay for good health! Next up, we have a re-check in two weeks to make sure she is responding to the meds, but the doctor seems to think things should be looking good and she should start to gain her weight back. Thank you, God!

The other big event yesterday was Dad's retirement party at Lockheed-Martin. He had a big turnout, and it was really cool to spend the day out there and celebrate. He works with some really nice people, and I met people whose names I have heard for most all my life. Dad's work BFF was retiring the same day, so that was neat. They processed out together, and that was it! After that, Mom, Dad, David and I went to Chili's for a celebratory drink (I had lunch and some water...trying to be good and all!) and we had a great time. I called Dad today and he is spending his day relaxing. Just as it should be! He was so sweet and filled mom's gas tank up before she left for work. Hear that, men? It really is just the smallest thing that can make a woman's day!! :) Tomorrow is the lunch that mom and I are doing for him, and we've got a nice size crowd coming from all over the DFW area to enjoy lunch and celebrate Dad!

So that's all the news I have...it's been a great day and I have much to be thankful for. Don't forget to count your blessings today!!

No comments: