Monday, May 11, 2009

Beat Down and Brain Dead

I have worked all weekend long on six assigned papers for school, and a 10 question take-home essay test. I am mentally exhausted. I still have 2 questions left on the test to write, but everything else is done. And I am completely whipped. Not to mention I have upped my workouts from 30 minutes to an hour now, so now I'm really wiped out! I did 60 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, and I did 40 minutes of weightlifting and 20 minutes on the treadmill this morning. I am tired! Oh, and I'm cramping. Lovely. But I'm trying to power through. :)

It feels good to be working out, and I really think it's becoming part of my routine. I'm doing a 5K on June 13th and I am trying to improve my time. Last time I did a 5K I did it in an hour and eleven minutes. Not a great time others, but not bad for me. But this time I am trying to get it under an hour. I have a bit to go, but I think I can do it. No one cares about my time but me, and but it's important and it's one of those goals I can measure. After no movement on the scale, I need to be able to mark improvement somewhere!

So today I take my papers up to school to turn in to Dr. Hall. I like being in his class, and I have him for Crisis Intervention in the fall. I think it's going to be a good class! I do need a little break, though. I don't start summer school until the 27th, so I have a little time. (Yay!)

Have a good Monday, everyone!

No comments: