Thursday, May 28, 2009

No Me Gusta la Classe de Espanol

Yeah, I'm not jazzed about my Spanish class. I'm the oldest person in my class, apart from the professor. Everyone in there appears to be relatively fresh from high school. And then there is the whole having to get up in front of the class and I hate doing that. We had to learn to introduce someone to the class in Spanish, and I felt really self-conscious. Honestly, I'm only there to fulfill a degree requirement. I miss having a buddy in class. One of the things I really love about going to TWU is that there are lots of people my age who are there to be focused and are also friendly. TCC? Yeah, this isn't my crowd at all. And of course, I'm the old chick, so that isn't helping. I always make friends quickly in class, but this one may be more of a challenge. And I'll need to make friends, because we're going to have to do a couple of group projects/oral presentations. This all makes me think that next time I am in class with someone older, I am going to go up and make friends with them on the first day of class. It's no fun feeling like this, and I totally know this is just my own issue, but I just hate it. At least it should all end quickly. And most of these people will be in the second summer session with me so it's not like I'll have to start all over again.

Ugh...enough. David spent the day yesterday sweeping and really cleaning the patio. It looks so good! We bought some beautiful new patio furniture and we have lots of plants, so he went the extra mile to make it really nice out there. He also made me dinner and cleaned the kitchen, which was a huge help for me! He told me that since I work all day and then go to school he wanted to make sure he did what he could to help me out. Seriously, I love this man so much! He takes such good care of me and I feel so special! It's nice to know he cares so much. :) It helps that he enjoys cooking so much, so I know he'll be helping with dinner and making things easier on me when he can. I'm so blessed!!

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday! If this work-week was any longer I don't know what I would do! Hang in there, everyone...we're almost to the weekend!!

No comments: