Saturday, May 09, 2009

Frustration

So I weighed in this morning after a disciplined week of careful eating and faithfully working out and what did the scale do? Absolutely nothing. I didn't lose an ounce!! Everyone has quickly reassured me that after the tremendous loss last week that this is normal. I know, I know. And top it off with it being "that time" of the month, I should have known, but the shock and disappointment were overwhelming. I'm okay and not depressed but I was just really disappointed. I know I can't let it get me down, but it's a little hard not to. But my body isn't fighting me, it's just learning to let go of the weight. I know how it works...been there before. It's just a bummer, that's all. So I'll keep at it and be just as determined this week. And who knows? Maybe next week the news will be better! (I do plan to try and kick up the workouts a notch, though!)

I helped my mother with a wedding reception for her friend's daughter today. It was a good amount of work but it went off very well. The bride was very pretty and it was a lovely afternoon. I allowed myself to share a piece of cake with mother, and it was worth it! (Very tasty strawberry cake!!!) I am going to go grab some dinner and then get back to writing essays and papers. My deadline is drawing near and I am getting into crunch time, but that's when I start to really do well. Somehow, I just do well under pressure. I hope that remains true!

Everyone enjoy their weekend!!

No comments: