Sunday, May 03, 2009

Hungry!

Okay, so I was up at 6:20am and we met my Dad at the gym this morning to workout. He headed off to the pool and I headed for the treadmill. My body was a little more worn out today, but I got in a good solid treadmill workout and then lifted weights, so I put in a strong hour at the gym. However, I have only been working out for 30 minutes at a time and my body is in a little bit of shock! Apparently it's not used to burning so many calories at once, so I have been hungry today! We ate fruit and yogurt for breakfast, a whole wheat turkey wrap for lunch, and I have been prepping dinner for later. I've had to snack on oranges and some raw veggies. I'm not used to being quite so hungry! I think I need to start adding in more protein to my breakfast to sustain that. It's just funny...we've both been pretty hungry today!

It's been a great weekend. Dad's party yesterday was lots of fun and we had a wonderful turnout to celebrate his retirement. David and I pretty much just chilled last night. We had shrimp cocktail for dinner and went to bed early. That rain was making us sleepy!

So it's been a wonderful weekend. I've got to get laundry done because I am going to bed early to get to the gym nice and early! I'm on a roll! (I doubt it will be another 9.6 pound loss for this coming week, but I want to stay on track!!)

Everyone enjoy the cool weather!

No comments: