Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Revenge of the Hot Wings

I had dinner with Kevin on Monday night and we went to have hot wings. I learned a very important fact: Jen's digestive system does not permit fried foods anymore. All this to say, I didn't make it to work yesterday. I woke up yesterday morning and felt like I had a brick in my stomach...not fun! But it ended up being a good thing that I was home because Mom had some dental work done and needed someone to pick her up. Dad is out of town on his annual fishing trip, so I was glad to be able to help.

Mom and I also picked up Dad's new truck last night...it's really nice! He got a 2001 Dodge Dakota pickup, and it looks great! He's going to really enjoy having it. The gas mileage is pretty good, and it has a nice stereo in it. He's going to really enjoy the a/c, as his old van didn't have that and Texas summers can be pretty rough without it.

Kevin is taking Mom and me to Bossier City on Friday. That is going to be FUN! Mom has wanted to try Blackjack, so we'll get her to try a few hands of it and see what she thinks. Mom needs a fun day...she's been stressed lately, so this is going to be good for all of us! Stay tuned to find out how much we spent to de-stress ourselves!!

One more thing...I am wearing a shirt I bought over a month ago that I couldn't even button at the time...and now I look fabulous! Go me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that your dad got a new truck. After hearing about all the work he had put into this other vehicle, it was definitely time for a new one.