Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wear Your Stretchy Pants to the Reception!

Oh, we are going to have some very yummy food to eat! We had our menu tasting last night, and the food is amazing! We have all kinds of munchies, carved roast beef, salmon, shrimp, mashed potatoes, and some awesome appetizers! We've laid out the room arrangement, figured out how we're exiting the reception (very stylishly, I might add!), and now we just have to decide on favors and whether or not to throw bird seed or rose petals. I'm on a wedding high!!

At 5pm today I will go try on my wedding dress for the first time. I feel nervous...I hope I look pretty! I've struggled with WW (still plugging away with it, though!) and I was hoping to be a little smaller, but it's ok. My dress will still fit. I just want David to think I look like a princess. (I hope that's not too vain...I just want him to think I look beautiful!) I'll take pictures, and if anyone wants to see, you can email me and I will share. I just can't post here, as my future husband stops by the blog from time to time. :)

I had a massage during lunch today! It was my treat to myself, as my birthday is on Friday!! :) I got a funny shock yesterday...David has a step-daughter, Dara, from a previous marriage. She is 4 1/2 months pregnant (and she's only 19 and her husband is shipping out to Iraq in July!!). David has remained close to her, and he is the only father she has really known. So essentially, David is a sort of "Step" grandfather. In a crazy universe, that makes me a step-grandma! It's a bit of a stretch, but we've had a good laugh out of it! I do need to make it clear that the first person to call me "Grandma" gets a knuckle sandwich.

So that's my news! I'll let you all know how the fitting goes! Wish me luck!

UPDATE: Kim made a good point...David's step-daughter wasn't the shock...I already knew her and I think she's adorable! :) We're bummed because her due date is September 29th. :( She can't come to the wedding!

2 comments:

Kim said...

1) Congrats to Dara! That will be tough with her husband shipping out. But it sounds like she has good family support. (You did make it sound like she was the surprise though, not the baby :)).

2) Yes, David will think you are beautiful in the dress. We all will! It is a beautiful dress, you are a beautiful bride. The combination will be breathtaking! Exciting for you though :).

3) I vote rose petals, for what its worth!

Anonymous said...

Of course, you will be beautiful in that dress. And David will think you are a princess...because you are 'HIS' princess.

I have to second Kim on the rose petal thing...if only from experience. Rice can hurt a bit if it hits you and I have seen brides take direct hits to the eyes (take it from a girl with a catering background)....rose petals float gracefully around the bride...and you can have a full complement of colors....it's a beautiful rainbow of fragrant petals that surround you as you exit. (Yes, I did that, and I still remember the fragrance and the petals that clung to my hair as we left.)

I am getting so excited for you! I need something to make me happy and excited, and I have decided that your wedding is IT!

Much love and good wishes!