Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Where Do I Want to Be Today?



Yep. I wish I was in Paris today. Sitting on the steps of Versailles. Or maybe walking around London...

If you look carefully, you will notice I have some sort of crazy white-girl 'fro happening on top of my head. I wonder what was up with that? I would love to be there right now...there's a sort of surreal excitement when you step off the train and take your first steps in a new city. Especially when it's London!

I am not enamored with my job today, so I am dreaming of being in other places. But mostly I am missing traveling and the adventure of going somewhere new. I want to go next summer so badly it hurts, but after the wedding we are trying to save for a house. This means no trip to Paris for Jen. At least, not next year. Is it possible to feel "homesick" for a place you lived for only seven days?

"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris…then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, because Paris is a moveable feast." - Hemmingway

Amen to that!

No comments: