Friday, November 16, 2007

End of the Week

I am glad the week has gone by fast. David comes home Saturday night, and I am excited about that. So it's quiet around here. I did get two new pairs of shoes Wednesday courtesy of David! I got a pair of cool new boots and a great pair of flats. I got some gorgeous brown leather dress heels Tuesday that I love, so I am doing well in the shoe department! I had my annual "well-woman" exam yesterday. (Ugh!) Now that I am 35 I get to go have a mammogram. I don't mind except that now I just feel old! But I am all for taking good care of myself and making sure I am not at risk for breast cancer. After Christy's mom won that battle last year, I know how real it is. (And Pam has been clean for a year now!!) So while I am losing weight and trying to eat healthy, I will be making sure that the "girls" are healthy, too.

Tonight I am going to sort through our wedding pictures. Mom and I need to decide which ones we are going to order so that we get the 25% discount on the prints. I am excited, as the pictures really turned out very well. It's so fun to look through them! Mom and Dad came over last night and Mom and I got the menu figured out for Thanksgiving. We made our shopping list and we'll be buying everything tomorrow. (Trying to keep out of the stores as much as possible this week!) David and I are doing the Christmas shopping for the nieces and nephews on Sunday so that we can get our trip to Toys R Us out of the way ASAP! (Not my favorite shopping trip!) I know what I am getting David, and I'll buy that at the end of the month. (He knows he is getting a Zune mp3 player!) I think he'll be getting a Wii for his birthday. He was torn whether he wanted that for Christmas, but he decided on the Zune, so I'll do the Wii at the end of January. Maybe I can get a good post-holiday deal on one!

I think that's it for today. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

No comments: