Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Target = Grinch

I love Target. It's one of my favorite places to shop! But I had a very unpleasant dealing with Target that has soured me a bit, and as a consumer I feel compelled to share.

David and I bought a new Christmas tree last year, and we saved it (still in the box) for this year. We got ready to decorate for Christmas and when David put the tree together we discovered about a 12 inch gap with no branches and no place for branches. Clearly a manufacturer's defect. So naturally, we called Target to see about exchanging. We explained to Customer Service what the issue was, and even told them we'd be happy to upgrade our tree and spend a little more money. We got a big fat no. They told us that since it was past 90 days, there was nothing they could do. So we spoke with the store manager, who was rude and just as uncooperative. Now, I totally understand store policy. But with a holiday item like this, you would think they would grant some leeway. Do you open a Christmas tree a year in advance to make sure it looks okay? Well, we didn't and I never would think to do that. I trust Target to sell me good merchandise. So the store manager gives us the number to their corporate office and David calls them. Although they were more pleasant, we got the same deal - sorry we sold you something we won't stand behind. We couldn't get hold of anyone at the manufacturer, so here is my advice: Don't buy a tree from Target. If you do, assemble it in the store and make sure it looks like it is supposed to. Or at least make sure you assemble it right away and then return it immediately (with the receipt!) to make sure you don't get screwed. We did! Bah Humbug on Target!

So anyhow, the rest of our weekend was good in spite of the tree issue. We have a new tree that's BETTER than the old one and it's all decorated and festive. I'll have to post a picture of our beautiful tree. We're going to go to the Neiman's Christmas Store to pick out a special ornament to celebrate our first Christmas as a married couple! (Feel free to gag...I know some of you are right about now.)

Today my super awesome husband is out getting new tires, an alignment, an oil change, and new wipers for my car. It was getting bad! (And I didn't have to go do that! It's nice to have him take care of that!)

Everyone have a wonderful Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you e-Harmony for the wonderful guy I get to call part mine!

Love,
Mom